2018 TAX INSTRUCTIONS SHEET
- Any dependent that you claim (regardless of age) must have a Social Security number.
If this information is not provided, the IRS and the state of California will disallow them as a deduction.
Make sure that you have received all of the tax documents for 2018 before contacting us. If we process your return and then you receive more information, we will have to re-do your returns, at an additional cost to you. Check for:
- All W-2s for all jobs worked in 2018
- All 1099 MISC forms for any independent contract labor performed or commissioned sales jobs worked.
- All 1099 Interest or 1099 Dividend statements for bank accounts, stock sales, stock dividends, 1098 mortgage payments, real estate sales, etc. 1099-C or 1099-A for any cancellation of Debt or Foreclosure, 1095-A,B or C regarding proof of healthcare.Social Security Benefits collected, 1009-R for Retriement/IRS distributions.
- Notice of State Tax Refund received
- Any notices that have been received from the IRS or State Tax Board during the year, regarding previous filings.
- Any tax related papers that you feel that we need to review in order to complete your taxes accurately.
Employers and financial institutions must mail the required W-2s and 1099s not later than January 31, 2019. If you have not received paperwork that you're expecting by February 20, 2019, contact them and request the information be sent immediately. The government has changed the mail-by date for For 1095-A, B or C to March 2, 2019. This is the required proof of healthcare insurance If you have trouble getting documents, please call our office for assistance.When you have received all the documents and have all the required information organized, you may a) contact us to schedule a personal appointment or b) follow the instructions outlined below and have your information processed via fax, e-mail and/or mail.
Please note that we plan to maintain the following regular office hours starting February 4, 2019 until April 15, 2019:
By Scheduled Appointment
Tuesday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. until 5:30 p.m.
9:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
We will be available at other hours (earlier mornings or late evenings), by prearranged appointments. We will do everything we can to suit individual needs and work schedules. We do have other clients and other work that continues outside of Tax Season, so all personal interviews for tax preparation are by appointment only. Please call, as soon as you are ready to schedule one.
IF YOU WISH TO PROCESS YOUR RETURNS BY FAX, E-MAIL OR BY MAIL PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS OUTLINED BELOW
1) Send only one copy of each document. (If you prefer. you can send clearly legible photocopies for us to work from). We Do Not need your tax booklets received from the government. Please do not waste postage mailing them to us. Please do not send us (unless we have accepted the responsibility of doing your annual bookkeeping) all of your receipts, checkbooks, pay stubs, etc. We only require summaries of your deductible expenses and other income (not reported on official documents such as 1099s, W-2s etc.). The mailing instructions that you receive with your completed returns will tell you which copy of each form to attach to each return.
2) If there is anything that has changed, from information that we have on file, please include a note of explanation on a separate piece of paper.
To insure that we have all of the details of your situation, please go to the section "Downloads"; follow the directions to print the Questionnaire, completely answer all information requested and submit it with the rest of your documents.
3) PAYMENTS -- Please remember that payment is expected in advance of preparation of returns, but not later than our returning your completed tax returns. We accept checks, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover or cash in settlement of tax preparation fees.
Tax return information can be mailed to:
Joanne Plummer – TACS, Inc.P.O. Box 4606
Palm Springs, California 92263-4606
Att: TAX PROCESSING
Or express services to:
Joanne Plummer – TACS, Inc.
3832 E. Sunny Dunes Road
Palm Springs, CA 92264
Fax information to: (760) 262-3010
(FAX IS AVAILABLE 24 HOURS/ 7 DAYS)
email information to: firstname.lastname@example.org(use subject “Tax Information Transmittal”)
If you have your data in Quicken or Quickbooks, you may e-mail a backup file as an attachment to your e-mail. If you need assistance in doing this, please call.